We’re just days from a new decade! For me personally, the past ten years have been packed with transitions and major milestones: I birthed three humans! We moved to the Main Line! I started working for MainLine Neighbors! How has the past decade treated you? Has it been kind, unexpected, ruthless…or all of the above?
Now that I’ve put you in a reflective mood, let’s revisit a few standouts from the 2010s. And since I never met a top ten list I didn’t love (admit it—you love them too!), here’s a top ten of the last ten years:
1. MLN Newsletter: “Be Careful Where You Spit.” Readers LOVED Regina’s story of discovering her long lost siblings (and 43 cousins!) two years after submitting her DNA to ancestry.com.
2. MLN Instagram post: Beach or Shore? Everyone has an opinion.
3. Buzzword: Ghosting
4. Highest-Grossing Movie: Avengers: End Game. More than 100 million people went to see it; I was not one of them.
5. Most Popular Song: Uptown Funk! by Mark Ronson featuring Bruno Mars
6. Most Downloaded App: Instagram
7. Most Downloaded Podcast: Serial. The series that launched the podcast revolution.
8. Most-Watched Show: Game of Thrones.
9. Celebrity feud: Taylor Swift vs. Kanye West. #teamtaylor or #teamkimye? These are serious questions people.
10. Tourist destination: France
Bonus: Every movie of the decade ranked
Happy New Year!