Each summer I tweak our beach gear and routine, with a goal of getting us to the shoreline and back with the least amount of stress and sweat. I’m partial to anything with backpack straps, and I spent a ridiculous amount of time researching the best beach umbrella last year after our old one flipped inside out three times in one week. Since so many are heading to the coastline in the coming weeks, I thought I’d do a roundup of my favorite beach gear. Keep in mind that Main Line Neighbors earns ZERO commission from any purchases made—just some serious satisfaction from helping a fellow neighbor!
• Beach Chairs – I told you I have a thing for backpack straps! These chairs are super light and durable with several thoughtful touches, like a flip-down headrest and large, insulated pockets on the back. There’s a slight learning curve to folding them up, but once you get the hang of it, you’re golden.
• Umbrella – Once you get past the questionable product name and tagline, this is hands-down the BEST umbrella for windy beach days (or any beach day, really). Takes about five minutes to set up and It. Does. Not. Move. I wish the umbrella was a smidge bigger, but the overall design is genius. Comes with an oversize bag that makes packing up a breeze.
• Beach Blanket – This is marketed as baby gear, which I don’t understand, since I get MORE use out of it the older my children get. It’s thick enough to lie flat without anchors but not so heavy that you feel like you’re lugging a comforter to the beach. Machine washable and folds up into its own carrying case.
• Bluetooth Speaker– Solid sound (not too “tinny”) plus it’s water- and sand-proof. Comes with a sturdy zip case (I spilled a soda on it once and not a drop got inside). Battery life is decent.
• Sand Toy Bag – Why do sand toys always come with those horrible plastic mesh bags (#askingforafriend)? This bag is easy enough for my little one to carry and a snap to clean. Plus—you guessed it—backpack straps FTW!
• Beach Tote – I’ve had this tote for years now, and it still looks like new. TONS of interior pockets and a clip to hold keys (‘cause who wants to dig for house or car keys at the end of a long, hot beach day?!?). Not super glamorous but you can jazz it up with a cool monogram.
• Drink Insulator – It’s the little things, friends! This keeps drinks cold for HOURS.
OK it’s your turn! I always love your recommendations so share away in the comments!
PS I’m intrigued by the design behind these but that price tag! Also, I’m still ISO of a mid-range cooler so stay tuned…