The sweaters and snow boots are stowed away, there’s a warm(ish) breeze in the air, our sleeves are getting shorter…you know what that means—skinny dipping season is almost upon us! And after a long, miserable winter of shoveling and sheltering in place, I am here for it. No worries if you’ve put on a few pandemic pounds (#guilty), ‘cause social distancing is still the name of the game (can’t make any promises for next season though!).
So without further ado, here are some of the best places on the Main Line to drop trou and dive in:
• Schuylkill River – Polluted but #worthit.
• Philadelphia Country Club, Gladwyne – Technically a private club but rumor has it they’re recruiting members!
• Willows Park, Villanova – Epic swimming holes to explore au naturel (just watch out for the day campers).
• Swann Memorial Fountain, Logan Circle – Ignore the “No Swimming” signs. (I did.) YOLO!
• My neighbor’s pool, Wayne – Clean, heated and lounge chairs to boot! E-mail me for the address.
Any favorite skinny-dipping spots we missed? E-mail us and we’ll add it to our list!
P.S. In case it wasn’t totally obvious, Happy April Fools Day, friends!