Shofuso Japanese House Tours
Spend some time outdoors in a socially distanced setting, where we will limit visitor capacity so all can enjoy the beauty of the pond, gardens, and Japanese house.
Designed by architect Junzo Yoshimura, Shofuso was built in Japan in 1953 using traditional techniques and materials. It was shipped to New York and exhibited in the courtyard of the Museum of Modern Art in New York before moving to West Fairmount Park in 1958. In 2007, international artist Hiroshi Senju, inspired by the garden’s waterfall, donated 20 contemporary murals to Shofuso, which are permanently displayed inside the house. This historic site and museum includes a hill and pondView more
Adult (Online) $12.00
Child 5- 17 (Online)$8.00
Senior 65+ (Online)$8.00
Tickets honored through December 10th.
INDIVIDUAL DATES & TIMES*
- Nov 29, 2020 at 11:00 am - 07:00 pm (Sun)
- Dec 2, 2020 at 11:00 am - 05:00 pm (Wed)
- Dec 3, 2020 at 11:00 am - 05:00 pm (Thu)
- Dec 4, 2020 at 11:00 am - 07:00 pm (Fri)
- Dec 5, 2020 at 11:00 am - 07:00 pm (Sat)
- Dec 6, 2020 at 11:00 am - 07:00 pm (Sun)
- Dec 9, 2020 at 11:00 am - 05:00 pm (Wed)
- Dec 10, 2020 at 11:00 am - 05:00 pm (Thu)
Additional time info:
Open air beer garden with food options at the Horticultural Center nearby, and will be open from 4pm to 10pm on Monday through Friday and 12pm to 10pm on Saturday and Sunday.
Lansdowne Dr. & Horticultural Drive, Philadelphia, PA
Make it A Night - Shofuso Japanese House and Garden
FILTER MAP BY
|FILTER MAP BY|