Every year around this time, summer loses its luster…the kids are bored, I’m too hot and cranky to care, the pool becomes a ghost town and we’re all just #OVERIT. At this point, the only thing that can save us is school—or a shore house.
Yet, when my daughter’s teacher asks her what she did over the summer, I don’t want her response to be “I survived.” Maybe you’re living your best summer life (in which case you can stop reading here), but if not, here’s an end-of-summer bucket list to help you savor these final few sun-drenched days:
• Summer on the big screen. Head to Easttown Library on September 6th for the final showing in its Movie Under the Stars series (PS It’s a good one!)
• Ice cream for dinner. The end.
• Toast the end of summer at a local vineyard, like Penn Woods Winery, Chaddsford Winery or Grace Winery .
• Get your amusement park on. Many schools are back in session, which means fewer crowds at Hershey Park, Dutch Wonderland and Dorney Park .
• Cool off with a canoe or kayak ride down the Brandywine River. Book a guided tour via West Chester’s Northbrook Canoe Co. .
• Bored with s’mores? Check out these mouth-watering variations.
• Tune in. Click here for a list of nearby outdoor concerts.
• Go visit that exhibit/restaurant/museum/park/whatever that you’ve always wanted to try. Remember, summer is the best time for spontaneity.
Feel free to share your own ideas in the comments (#askingforafriend)!