I’ve been lucky to have some wonderful friends over the years — when I think about the evolution of my life these women surround all of my significant memories.
– A lifelong friend, since 1976, who knew my Mom
– One who was with me, holding my hand, when my father passed away and still holds my hand today
– A few special ladies who helped me plan my wedding
– Many who taught me how to mother by example and helped me become the Mom I am today
– A neighbor, who quickly became a friend, who helped me start a company – and stick with it
– A few friends who continue to help me navigate the waters of empty nesting
And there’s many more I could point out!
The older I get I realize how important these relationships are to me and I hate to imagine my life without these women. I treasure our girl’s weekend getaways, lunch dates, doggie play dates, shopping trips, GNOs, impromptu happy hours, long walks, marathon talks, hilarious and supportive text messages and all of the great advice.
Much of my emotional strength comes from deep bonds with the strong female relationships in my life. I am grateful for the women who have held my hands, carried me, sometimes dragged me, and who have lifted me up. I would not be who I am today without each and every one of you.
So … Dear Girlfriends,
I don’t care if you gain 10 pounds, if your house isn’t tidy, if your roots are showing, what you look like in a bathing suit, what job you have or don’t have, where your kids go to college or don’t, if you buy vs. bake the cupcakes, or how many wrinkles you have. I don’t see these things. I see only you.
To me you are a gift – beautiful, generous, smart, fun, compassionate, brave, authentic and kind. Today, for just a moment, I wish you could see yourself through my eyes.
You are my people!