Father’s Day is this weekend, and I am very, very thankful that I am married to the best father on the Main Line😊.
This year marks his 24th year holding that title and it’s been a challenging one to say the least. So, to thank him for all that he does, and to celebrate this milestone, I thought I would share the top ten reasons why I think he is the best father my children could have ever hoped for:
• He does their laundry (and mine). Yep, your read that right; it’s his thing and he does it better than anyone else in our house!
• He loves them unconditionally.
• He believes in them; especially when they don’t believe in themselves.
• He supports them. Both emotionally and financially 😉
• He is a Half is Always Full kind of dad and encourages them to be like that too.
• He says “love you” to them every day.
• He gives the most amazing bear hugs – whether they are needed or not.
• He makes them laugh… He has a GREAT sense of humor that never disappoints 😂, and he makes them laugh every day, even when they think they don’t want to!
• He taught them to drive, and they all survived the learning process😊
• He is an honest, very matter of fact, practical type of dad, who uses a No B***S*** style of parenting that our kids may not always like, agree with or appreciate, but they are 100% absolutely better people because he parents them that way.
All of these reasons also make him the best husband ever. We have been through quite a lot together over the past 25 years, and I haven’t always been the nicest or most rational person to live with during some of those trying times, but he continues to show up for me with his unrelenting love, eternally positive attitude, and his corny dad jokes, and I am a much better person because he does that for me.
Oz, if you’re reading this, I know you don’t like to be the center of attention, but I couldn’t let this Father’s Day go by without recognizing and thanking you. I want you to know that you are a great husband and father. You have always been the best example of who a dad should be. We are so THANKFUL for you and all that you do for us, and we love you as FIERCELY as you love us!
Happy Father’s Day to all the dads out there…Near, far or forever etched in someone’s heart, I hope you feel appreciated this weekend!
PS – If you are looking for a fun way to celebrate the dad(s) in your life this Father’s Day weekend, be sure to check out our website for a list of local fun filled events, some of which are happening to celebrate Father’s Day!